Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada is a leading Canadian youth-serving organization providing quality after school and out-of-school programs during critical periods of child development.
Our more than 100 years of service has been dedicated to improving the lives of five generations of children, youth and their families.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada (BGCC) is a national nonprofit governed by a voluntary Board of Directors elected by member Clubs. The Board of Directors oversees national policies and strategic direction for the organization.
93 member Clubs providing programs and services at 650 service locations across Canada in 10 Provinces and the Yukon. Learn more about our Clubs.
210,000 children and youth served by Clubs across Canada, ranging in age from pre-school to young adulthood
16,300 Community Volunteers and over 5,100 trained and dedicated full and part-time staff
Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada provides its member Clubs with:
- valuable support services
- national programs and partnerships for children and youth
- quality standards
- development and growth of Clubs from coast to coast
Who We Serve:
- 13% are 6 years and under
- 54% are 6 – 12 years of age
- 26% are 13+ years of age
- 57% are from low income families
- 43% are from single parent families
- 10% are Aboriginal children and youth
- 14% have special needs (learning and/or physical)
- 11% are new immigrants to Canada
Charitable registration No. 130361710RR0001