This is Lisha. She was consumed by what her peers thought of her and felt she didn’t fit in. With the support of her BGC Club, she finally feels like she belongs. BGC Clubs provide vital mental health programs and help build meaningful connections.
The needs of today’s children and youth are more complex, and so are the needs of our front-line staff who support them.
While recent headlines show that our world is facing a mental health crisis, our Clubs see firsthand how profoundly and disproportionally this impacts kids.
The Mental Health Fund is flexible and allows the national team to support Clubs so Clubs can be responsive to the unique needs of their community. This may include:
- Providing vital mental health programs to help Club kids better understand their own mental health needs while building meaningful connections with those around them
- Hiring outreach workers
- Mental health first-aid training for staff
- Hiring staff to deliver mental-health focused programs
Supporting the Mental Health Fund allows BGC Canada to continue make an impact while meeting the growing demand for mental health support.
We know this support is making a difference in the lives of Club kids. Because of a Club:
- 90% of our kids are more accepting of themselves
- 94% of our kids are more connected to other people
- 91% of our kids are more confident in their abilities
- 92% of our kids are more accepting of others